Apple turnover is a great dish for pastry lovers. It is also served as pie. Apple turnovers are used as source of energy for body. This is a super delicious and great option as a light snack or dessert! You can bring to parties or serve company! A definite crowd pleasure in my family and household!
Apple peach turnovers recipe the way i made it is only seven smart points! Double, triple this recipe and you won’t be disappointed you did!
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and bake for thirty minutes then put on broil for the last three to five minutes. Keep an eye on them. Then sprinkle with swerve icing sugar or regular icing sugar makes it scrumptious!
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
Apple Turnovers Recipe
- 1/2 cup of self-rising flour plus 1 tbs of flour for the fruit mix and extra flour for the counter and rolling pin 6 SP
- 1/2 cup of plain no fat Greek yogurt (any brand)
- 1 small fresh peach (or frozen) (half cup)
- 1 small apple (half cup)
- 1 tsp. Or more of each lemon rind and orange rind
- 1 egg beaten
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. each or more of lemon and orange juice
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 2 tbs or more monk sugar (any sugar or sugar substitute is fine)
- Swerve icing sugar to sprinkle on once baked (any icing sugar or none its optional)
- 1 tbs of sliced almonds or any nut (optional) 1 SP
You might also like : Homemade Delicious Apple Cake Recipe By Risa
- Add flour to medium sized bowl
- Add yogurt
- Add lemon juice and rind and orange juice and rind
- Add pinch of salt
- Add a few sprinkles of cinnamon
- Mix well and form a ball
- Set aside
- Peel apple and peach and cut into very tiny pieces
- Add lemon and orange juice
- Add cinnamon and sugar
- Mix and taste to see if it’s sweet enough
- Add one tbs of flour and mix together
- Cut dough into three even parts or for smaller turnovers into five
- Sprinkle flour on the counter and to rolling pin
- Roll dough into a circle or form into triangles
- If larger turnovers add two tablespoons of apple peach mixture. If the smaller ones add one tablespoon of mixture
- Fold dough in half and use a fork if you want to seal them together. It looks cute!
- Add egg wash on top of each turnover
- Add cinnamon sugar and or almonds on top or any nut you like. You can add cinnamon sugar to the nuts too
- After they are baked add icing sugar! Super delicious if you do!
- For one large turnover it’s 2 smart points and for one small it’s 1 smart point each!
- Eat right away, cold or reheat!
- Can enjoy on their own or with cool whip, whip cream or your favourite frozen yogurt or low fat ice cream too!
- Keep in a sealed container in your fridge or freeze if you want for another day.
Enjoy! ?❤️ and Share with Others !!
Featured Image from : Youtube Channel Risa Weiner