Bagels are same like donuts. But the difference is they are basically bread while donuts are desserts. They are shape like ring. They are made from dough. They are made from yeasted wheat dough. In west they are eaten in breakfast and are very famous.
Mostly Bagels Recipe are poor in vitamins, mineral and fiber but rich in carbohydrates and calories.. They are very tasty and delicious. Use less cheese on topping to make it low calorie food. Its exterior is very crunchy and crusty.
Bagels are cooked very uniquely so they totally different in taste and texture from other products. They can also bake but they are boiled before baking. They are like sandwich.
- This Bagels Recipe is 2 smart points per bagel unless you add any of the extra options!
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray your donuts tray well or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray it well if you don’t line it!
Homemade 2 Ingredient Chocolate Bagels Recipe
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt (i use Kirkland but you can use any brand)
- 1 cup of self-raising flour (i use Brody’s but use any brand) 12sp
- 1 tbs plus 1 tsp cocoa 1sp (for topping)
- 1 tbs plus swerve icing sugar
- 1 tbs for topping
you might like: Low Fat Homemade Brownies Recipe
- 1 tbs pb2 (peanut butter powder) optional but not necessary if allergic to peanut butter
- 1 tbs of sensate sugar free chocolate chips 1sp ( you can use any other brand)
- 1 whisked egg
- 1 tbs vanilla
- Pinch of salt
Optional: nuts, seeds, or dried fruit but account for the smart points if adding any!
- Add yogurt, flour, vanilla, cocoa and swerve, salt, pb2, chocolate chips.
- Form into a ball. Add a bit of flour to the counter if the dough is sticky!
- Cut ball mixture into six slices with a sharp knife.
- Roll with your hands into a log.
- Form into a bagel.
- Add to your donut or cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl add 1 tsp of cocoa and 1 tbs of swerve mix.
- Add egg wash on top.
- Add some of the cocoa mixture with a sieve or sprinkle with your finger.
- Bake for 25 minutes!!! .
- I add the rest of the cocoa mixture after i bake it in the oven too. Looks so pretty and super delicious ?
Featured Photo Credit: Desire to eat