Baked French toast recipe is super easy, delicious and versatile! Best of all its only 4 SP the way i make it.
You are welcome to double, triple, etc. And enjoy larger portions to share for special occasions, holidays, company or anytime.
I know most people think of it as a breakfast meal but honestly it’s so sweet and delicious you can have it as a dessert, snack, side dish or for any meal.
How to make French toast Bake
- 3 slices of Betty bread (any whole wheat or low point bread) 3 SP
- 2 large or extra-large eggs
- 1 cup of fruit (optional but i used berries or any kind)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (skim, 1%, or whatever you want is fine)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbs of Joseph’s syrup (any sugar substitute or syrup, honey is your choice)
- 1 tbs lemon juice and some rind
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbs slivered almonds (any but is optional) 1sp
- Sprinkle of swerve icing sugar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Sprinkle of cinnamon sugar on top (optional)
Remember to account for the smart points if you change this recipe and check your nutritional information too!
you might like: Healthy Cinnamon Pancakes Recipe By Risa
- Spray a 4 x 4 oven proof baking pan (unless you have doubled or tripled the recipe).
- Cut bread in cubes and set aside in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl add eggs, syrup, milk, vanilla, lemon juice and rind, cinnamon,salt, and mix well with a whisk or fork.
- Place half of the bread in your baking dish.
- Add half of the fruit.
- Add more bread to layer.
- Add the rest of the fruit.
- Pour egg mixture over.
- Add almonds and or cinnamon sugar (optional).
- Allow to absorb into bread by keeping it in your fridge for 30 minutes ( i have baked it right away but takes longer to bake).
- You can also prepare over night or keep in the freezer and bake it at a later date.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and bake for at least 45 to one hour!
- You can raise the temperature to 400 degrees for the last 15 minutes if you find it’s not absorbing the moisture in the bread.
Please continue to share my channel with your friends and family members who are on a health journey and loves low fat, delicious recipes and inspirational chats!
Enjoy and please comment! Remember that all recipes are versatile so let me know if and how you changed it up!!! ?❤️?
Featured photo By: Youtube Channel Risa Weiner