Carrot muffins, low-fat, low-sugar, gluten-free, and of course my favorite word for each and every recipe, delicious, are brought about this time in the kitchen.
Carrot, Daucus carota, is a warehouse of beta carotene, antioxidants, fiber, vitamin K1, and potassium, the requisites for our health.
They say, eaten 9 carrots or drank a glass of milk is just equal in nourishment.
To make it clear, you can replace or increase the types of nuts in the recipe as per your personal choice.
This recipe will need them for sure.
The muffin mixture smells heavenly in the making yet alone the taste and you feel your hormones rising up to put all the muffins in the mouth in a single go.
For weight watchers, this recipe accounts to hold 1 SP and this is ideal.
As the Carrot, being the vegetable with greater water content around 87% and somewhat 10 carbs is a great value of nutrition and along with the other recipes that involve carrot, it always stands to conclude the best of taste.
Having a naturally sweet taste, it is eaten raw with the same keenness as eaten boiled and fried.
I really love using Carrot specifically for the rich light and creamy pink plus peach color and also the sweetness you can’t overlook once your mouth is introduced to it.
For now, until however long you have been following me, use my recipes as the base and consider yourself as the potential chef, judging each ingredient to land onto the perfectly blended and balanced taste.
Well, as a caution, don’t forget choosing the ideal low-fat sugar we weight watchers use and you are done for a one-time meal.
Make for yourself and your family in the lot, you can store it to have continuous eating fun day and night.
How to make Carrot Muffins at Home
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and bake for 30 to 40 minutes!
- This makes 12 muffins!!
- Check with a wooden skewer to make sure it’s fully cooked and skewer comes out dry!!!
- Spray your regular size muffin tray very well to prevent any sticking! You can make mini muffins, a loaf as well!!
- 2 cups of packed shredded carrots (use fresh not from a package)
- Measure 2 cups of oatmeal then make into oat flour 16sp( you can use other flour but account for the sp if on WW)
- 2 extra large or large eggs at room temperature (tip.. Add to warm water for a few minutes if you forget)
- 2/3 cup zero fat greek yogurt (any brand)
- 1/2 cup of stevia or your choice of sugar substitute or sugar
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 2 tbs almonds toasted or raw 2sp
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice and the rind of a regular size lemon (optional)
- 2 tbs cinnamon (or less)
- pinch of nutmeg (optional or add what you like)
- pinch of salt
Optional to add:
- any nuts
- Peel and cut carrots before shredding in your food processor or use a hand grater! Set aside or you can make in advance and keep in a sealed container in your fridge!
- Measure oatmeal first then add to your food processor and pulse until it resembles flour
add salt, 1 tbs of cinnamon and baking powder to it.
- Mix well
- Add to a bowl or make in advance and keep in a sealed container!
- In another bowl add the eggs, vanilla, yogurt, sugar, 1tbs cinnamon, apple sauce, lemon juice and rind, and nutmeg
- Mix well
- Add flour and carrots to the mixture
- Mix gently to incorporate all ingredients!
- Add to your muffin tray. I use a measuring cup so all muffins are the same size!
- Check your muffins after 30 minutes!
- Allow to cool!! And check out my cream cheese icing recipe to add once they are cooled completely!
- Keep muffins in a sealed container or baggie in your fridge or freezer!!
Remember that all recipes are versatile so let me know if and how you changed it up!!!
❤️ Enjoy and please comment !
you might like: Healthy Homemade Granola Recipe