For the days when your healthy being craves for vegan meals, finally thinking ahead of junk, I have brought the recipe of Cauliflower fried rice curry.
I bet you will thank me after trying this.
For continental description, the curry here does not relate to the runny consistency of the recipe, rather it’s a curry powder added for spicing up.
Curry, or Kari in the Tamil language, from where it actually originates, is a mix of several spices collected jointly to make a single taste, dates back to thousands of years ago.
To be noted, the vegetables I’m adding are actually my favorite, no force on you, you can replace or skip as per your personal or family taste.
With my star ingredient as a chickpea, let these hold a helping hand to your digestive system.
The whole method described below is a ”base” that you can literally alter or amend with your own preferred ingredient if allergic to any.
This cuisine is low in carbohydrates while high in protein, so the pastime snack will not only subtract the hunger but also add to your strength.
I guess everyone’s personal taste helps while categorizing the ingredient list telling what works best in enhancing taste, texture, and aroma.
Hear your guts be a chef to every recipe.
If you have made mid-time meals diary, write down this recipe there too. I did.
The cauliflower used here is in the form of rice, that you can do by grinding them up until the texture becomes rice-like.
I have not added, but you can also add other cruciferous vegetables like cabbage and bok choy.
Great source of Vitamin B, fiber, and a nutritional shield against cancer cells, cauliflower can also be replaced with another member of the family, broccoli.
Though my recipe already includes broccoli as a separate ingredient.
Your children will love it too as it out draws positive effects on their learning capabilities. Serve them while they are studying.
What a delicious piece of chow in just 25 to 30 minutes of action, per serving, carries around 25 gm of carb.
You can prepare it in bulk to store in the sealed container for timely usage, it’s a great idea.
When the craving hits in, take the desired amount out and microwave instead of stove heating and there, your snack is ready.
How to make Cauliflower Rice Curry at Home
- 4 cups of cauliflower ( you can use less)
- 1 medium Vidalia onion
- 1 pkg cremini sliced mushrooms ( any kind and they are optional)
- 2 cups veggies. I used red, yellow peppers, broccoli (use any kind of veggie)
- Canned corn (optional)
- 1 tsp or more of curry powder
- 1 tbs or more of green thai paste (any kind)
- 120 ml low fat coconut milk 6sp (any kind of milk is fine almond soy milk, skim, etc)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 small cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 cup of chick peas ( rinse well with cold water)
- Optional: add other proteins like shrimp, chicken, nuts ( almonds, cashews would be delicious)
Read more: The Best Cauliflower Bagels Recipe (3 SP)
To make cauliflower rice:
- Cut into same size pieces and pulse in cuisinart until it resembles rice!!
- In a large skillet on a medium high heat stirfry onions until brown, add mushrooms ,sliced peppers and broccoli. Then add crushed garlic
- Add curry to chick peas then add to stirfry. Add the cauliflower rice to the stirfry.
- Add green thai paste to milk and stir well. Then pour over stirfry.
- Add salt and taste. Add extra curry powder if you want!!
- Keep in sealed container in fridge. Reheat in microwave.
Remember that all recipes are versatile so let me know if and how you changed it up!!!
Please continue to share my youtube channel ” risa’s recipes ” and my “website” with your friends and family members who are on a health journey and loves low fat, delicious recipes and inspirational chats!
?❤️? Enjoy and please comment !