Since childhood one of my favourite desserts was my mom molly’s old fashioned cheesecake! She would surprise us for birthdays or other holiday or family celebrations with her incredible cake!
My mom age 88 years young of course still uses high fat cream cheese, sour cream and a lot of sugar! Exceptionally delicious but incredibly high fat, high sugar, and high smart points! Lol!
Being a cheesecake lover i knew i had Risafy (turn high fat desserts or meals into low fat recipes) them!! Lol!! Since losing 120 pounds i have found ways to turn everything i love into healthy, low fat, low sugar and delicious treats! It’s become a lifestyle change and after five years of maintaining my weight i don’t plan to go back to that unhealthy life!
I was so excited when i realized i could substitute the sour cream, cream cheese and sugar with zero fat greek yogurt, use no sugar added puddings, and omit the graham wafer crust too! Being able to get the texture and delicious flavour of an entire cheesecake for only 4sp! I know right?!! It’s incredible to be able to eat large portions without any guilt and as the saying goes.. “have your cake and eat it too”!!!!
My recipe is also versatile as you can not only use a variety of pudding flavours, you can make the cake in a regular size pan or in regular/mini muffin tins for individual portion sizes! Risafyd freestyle cheesecake( 4sp for the entire recipe).
How to make Cheesecake
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups of plain fat free greek yogurt
- 1 pkg of sugar free cheesecake pudding 3sp ( you can use any flavor pudding)
- 1 tbs pure or artificial vanilla
- 1 tbs swerve ( any sugar substitute or sugar)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbs of sugar free chocolate chips ( optional or slivered almonds/ nuts)
- 1 or more tbs lemon juice of a real lemon juice and lemon rind
- In a large mixing bowl add eggs, vanilla, sugar, salt, lemon juice and lemon rind and mix with hand mixer very well ( you can use a Cuisinart , mix master).
- Add pudding and yogurt and mix very well.
- Add mixture to the sprayed pie dish then top with chocolate chips or nuts optional!!
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Once baked allow to cool before covering with tin foil in the fridge! It takes a few hours to cool completely.
- Spray a 1.3 litre pyrex or pie pan with cooking spray.
- If you use chocolate pudding you can add 1 tbs of pb2 to make it a Risa’s pieces cheesecake!! Lol!!
Optional Toppings Include:
- Sugar free cherry pie filling (low carb grocery store or any kind)
- Lemon curd
- Whip cream
- Cool whip
Featured Image courtesy: Israel national news