When we name, ”Cheesecake”, we need to know that we are actually talking about Greece.
Let’s travel back some centuries when it was first made during the first-ever Olympic game show as a feast to the athletes.
Later, it gained huge admiration and ascended to take the shape of a symbolic wedding cake in Greece.
For now, we all confirm that it has traveled worldwide and we all love to have its bites.
Well, whenever I am happy I tend to give my taste buds a sweet treat and this is what I make for it, CHEESECAKE.
I am making, what we call, a layered cheesecake parfait than a usual cake because there will be layers of cheese cream followed by layers of fruit, topped with nuts or chocolate or both as you like.
You are free to choose fruits of your taste though I am using Cherry in prime.
The people back then cared least about their weight but today, we look at the food later and first ask ourselves, how many calories are going to be there?
No worries, the recipe is all stuffed with low carb ingredients.
Do you know?
23rd April is a national Cherry Cheesecake day to celebrate.
- Depending on what you use this can be 1 to 2 smart points!
- I used 3 small and cute mason jars! i bought them at the dollar store!
- You can simply add to a bowl, waffle bowl, (1 SP), or on a pizelle cookie (1 SP) as other options!
- 1/3 sugar free cherry pie filling 1 SP (jam is optional if you can’t find pie filling) or make your own ( see how i made my raspberry sauce and use cherries instead on youtube by Click here )
- 1 tbs or more ultra light cool whip
- 1 pkg of sugar free cheesecake jello pudding low carb grocery store or use a different flavour 4sp
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Rind of half a lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups of zero fat plain greek yogurt (I buy kirkland yogurt or any brand is fine)
- 3 cups of any fruit ( i used strawberries, mangoes and blueberries) optional but adds bulk and is more filling!
- Sprinkle a few sugar free chocolate chips (i use sensato brand #lowcarbgrocerystore) any kind is optional
- Or top with nuts, seeds but add smart points!
- In a large bowl add yogurt
- Add pudding mix, vanilla, lemon juice and rind mux well and incorporate everything well (i used my hand mixer)
- In a mason jar layer as you like
- You can start with pudding mixture then add some fruit
- Then add more pudding mixture. then add more fruit
- Add cool whip on top and cherry pie filling (you can add the cherry pie pie filling in the middle as well. (you can layer however you want)!!
- A chocolate chips or nuts/seeds!
Thank you again for subscribing and following my recipes and please share them with your friends, family, coworkers, weight watcher friends!