My husband, I and my daughter love chicken pot pie but we don’t like all those calories when you buy it in the store and of course in the restaurant they’re super delicious and very rich in terms of taste but we’re going to have it rich and taste but without all the fat and all the calories.
This is 13 SP for the entire recipe and 4 SP per serving! I know, Incredible for a comfort food recipe!! I’m making one that’s smaller okay!! I’m making an 8 by 8 and remember that you can double this recipe too for a large family or company!
- I used an 8 x 8 Pyrex dish and sprayed it well.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Low Fat Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup Brodie self rising flour 6 SP or make your own
- 1/2 cup of zero fat Greek yogurt (any brand)
- 2 cups of cooked chicken (I bought mine at Costco)
- 2 cups of frozen veggies
- 1 small potato 2 SP
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can 284ml of low fat Campbell’s cream of chicken soup 5 SP (any brand and cream of mushroom is great too!)
- 1 small tin of sliced mushrooms (can use fresh 1/2 cup or more)
- 1 large Vidalia onion
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A sprinkle of frank’s hot sauce (optional) or chili flakes
- 1 tsp of Worcester sauce or more
- 1/4 tsp each or more fresh or dry rosemary and thyme (optional) or Italian seasoning would be an option
- 1/2 tsp club house roasted garlic & peppers (optional)
- Pinch of Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp or more fresh parsley (optional)
- Enough egg for egg wash
Remember you can add your favourite spices and change it to suite your taste buds.
I made for the top only but you can double if you want a bottom crust too! But honestly it’s not necessary and more smart points on WW. Lol !!
Watch my two ingredient dough “go here” if you need to see how i make it!
In a bowl:
- add 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt and 1/2 cup of flour.
- Add a pinch of salt, pepper, Italian seasoning garlic and onion powder and roasted garlic & peppers seasoning (i like flavours).
- Mix together and form a ball.
- Add a bit of flour to your counter.
- Kneed and form a ball.
- Add a bit of flour to your counter before you roll it out.
- Set aside.
- Add your peeled, chopped potatoes to a microwave dish for two minutes or until soft.
- In a large skillet add your chopped up onion and sauteed until brown.
- Add can or fresh mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, chicken, potatoes, frank’s hot sauce, Worcester, salt and pepper, parsley, rosemary and thyme, chicken broth and chicken or mushroom soup, and frozen vegetables. Doesn’t matter what order!! Lol! Mix well.
- Add to Pyrex dish.
- Add rolled out two ingredient dough on top of mixture.
- On top of crust poke and make tiny slices with knife.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Use a fork to press around the sides! It makes it look pretty.
Please continue to share my website & Youtube channel Called “Risa’s Recipes” with your friends and family members who are on a health journey and loves low fat, delicious recipes and inspirational chats!
Enjoy and please comment! Remember that all recipes are versatile so let me know if and how you changed it up!!! ?❤️?
Featured Image from: Youtube Channel Risa Weiner