My Chili Recipe is in huge amount, You can do half or a quarter amount.
I like lots to give and freeze!!
- 3 PKG extra lean ground chicken (you can use turkey or beef) 0sp
- 100 oz La San Marzano tomatoes you can use 4 tins of tomatoes (Any brand. I buy the large one from Costco)
- One large onion (I love Vidalia)
- 1 of each Red, yellow, orange peppers (use any veggie you like)
- I added frozen peas and corn
- 3 Fresh garlic cloves
- 1 can each of black, white , kidney beans
- Frank’s Hot Sauce 1 to 2 tbs
- Light soy sauce 1 tbs
- Worcester sauce 1 TBS
- Chili powder 2 tbs
- Honey 1 to 2 tbs
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Garlic and onion powder ( up to you how much I don’t measure)
- Dried oregano (about 1 to 2 tbs)
- Oregano 1 to 2 tsp
- Olive oil
- 1 to 2 (1.18 L) White Linen Collection Tomato sauce ( Costco) You can use any kind you want
- 1 to 2 bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- You can use a slow cooker too.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic and cut the top and add Olive oil ( 1/4 tsp) and wrap in tin foil.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- This is optional or you can use fresh garlic too. (This gives such a great flavor).
- Once cooked add to pot.
- Chop onion and sautee until caramelized.
- Add the rest of your veggies and sautee.
- In a large pot sautee ground chicken until fully cooked. Add garlic and onion powder and some hot sauce for flavor.
- Add all veggies.
- Wash all beans well and drain. Add to pot.
- Add canned tomatoes and spaghetti sauce.
- Add all spices and herbs.
- Add bay leaf.
- Add honey.
- Keep pot on a low heat and keep an eye on it unless you use a slow cooker.
- Cook for 2 to 3 hours.
- Freezes well.
- Serve over rice, pasta, or on its own.
- Delicious with a dollop of sour cream or shredded low fat cheese.
- Serving size: 1.5 cups for 5sp ON FLEX 0SP.
Please continue to share my channel with your friends and family members who are on a health journey and loves low fat, delicious recipes and inspirational chats!
Enjoy and please comment! Remember that all recipes are versatile so let me know if and how you changed it up!!! ?❤️?
Featured Image Credit: CBS Los Angeles