Honey cake is very healthy food which is beneficial for your health in many ways. Honey contains some very useful substances that have antioxidant and antibacterial properties. Such as plant acids, pigments, gums, waxes and volatile oils. It is a cure for asthma, tonic for cold, anemia and heart problems.
Overall honey cake is good choice. It is very tasty, delicious and healthy.
Honey Cake at Home : Step by Step Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a regular size tube baking pan with parchment paper and spray your pan very well.
- 5 extra large eggs or large eggs at room temperature (can place in warm water for a few minutes to help do it faster)
- 1 cup of white sugar plus 2 tbs
- 3 cups of sifted all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1 cup of strong coffee any kind
- 1 cup of raisins
- Zest and juices from a large orange and lemon
- 1 regular size apple peeled and grated
- 12 oz of honey. My mom only uses buckwheat she says it’s the best!
- 1/2 cup of toasted chopped almonds
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 2 tsp of almond extract
- Sliviered almonds for the top.. As much as you want or any nut you like if you aren’t allergic!
you might like: Delicious Apple Cake Recipe By Risa
- First separate the yolks and egg white’s.
- Peel, core and grate apple and set aside.
- Grate orange, lemon and squeeze juices and set aside.
- In your mix master on a medium speed add your yolk, sugar, oil, vanilla, almond extract and mix well to get creamy.
- Add honey (tip place in microwave with a bit of coffee liquid to get all the extra honey that is sticking to your cup but add the rest of the coffee so it’s not hot when you add it to the batter).
- Add lemon and orange juice and rind to the batter.
- Start adding the flour and alternate with the coffee.
- Stop the mix master and remove bowl.
- Add apple, raisins and nuts to hand mix inside.
- Beat up egg white’s on a high speed, Once frothy add two teaspoons of sugar slowly.
- Once egg whites are firm add a bit at a time and fold into the batter with a spatula.
- Add mixture to baking pan and add slivered almonds on top ( or walnuts, etc. (what you like)).
Featured Image Source: Youtube Channel Risa Weiner