Lemons and zucchini compliment on another and are one of the best food combinations for a healthy breakfast, brunch, after work out or snack recipe! But more importantly they will help you on your journey to lose weight!
These two foods are very rich in nutrients, have no fats, and will allow you to control your weight by making them apart of your daily meal plans.
Lemons and zucchini also have great health benefits. They maintenance good levels of our brain functioning, are very low in calories, are rich in vitamins and a wonderful source of high fiber.
In addition, lemons and zucchini are loaded with antioxidants which will improve your immunity, and more importantly fight cancer compounds to keep you healthy.
One other great benefit is that both keep your skin looking and feeling healthy!
They will help reduce wrinkles, age spots, dryness and keep your skin glowing!
Enjoy my recipe and please continue to share and subscribe to my youtube channel called Risa’s Recipes and join my Facebook group weight watchers tips and recipes by Risa for more inspiration and motivation!
How to make Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a long or regular size loaf pan well with any cooking spray! This avoids sticking!
- 2 cups of oatmeal flour 16 SP
- 11/4 cups of choice of sugar substitute (I use trivia/stevia or swerve and monk sugar)
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tbs of vanilla
- 2 cups of grated zucchini
- 3 tbs or more of lemon juice
- 3 tbs or more lemon rind
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tbs of unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tbs of i can’t believe it’s not butter melted 2 SP
- 11/4 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tbs of sliced almonds (any nut is optional or sugar free chocolate chips) 2sp
- Total smart points is 20!
You might like: Low fat Apple Pumpkin loaf Recipe
- Shred a large zucchini with a grater
- Take oatmeal and pulse in Cuisinart or food processor to make your own oat flour
- Add baking powder and salt and mix
- In a large bowl add eggs
- Sugar, vanilla, apple sauce, melted butter, lemon juice and rind mix well
- Add oatmeal mixture and fold in zucchini
- Add mixture to the loaf pan
- Add almonds or chocolate chips on top
- Bake for at least one hour or more
- Check with a long wooden skewer to see if it comes out dry
- Keep in until brown on top
For a lemon Icing:
- Take 1/2 cup of icing swerve sugar and two or more tbs of lemon juice
- Mix together
- Drizzle over the cooked loaf!
I really hope I can continue helping and inspiring you! Enjoy! ?❤️ and share with others !
Featured Image Source : Delish