Who doesn’t love a rich, chewy, chocolatey Brownies with a dollop of ice cream, whip cream or just on its own? Well look no further that would be this girl! Ha! Ha! ” and many of you too i am sure right?
Before starting my journey with weight watchers i was always buying the boxed version and added whatever oil, eggs water, nuts, chocolate it called for. Sure it tasted delicious but the amount of sugars, calories, and fats were very high for me to enjoy!
Being on weight watchers we are allotted a certain amount of points a day. For those who are on different health journey let me explain. It’s like going to a grocery store and you are given $25. You want to get a lot of food for your buck! And that’s how i am with my smart points, especially when it comes to desserts and snacks! Lol!
When my family asked me to bring my “Famous Brownies” to a house party i knew i would want to indulge but had to come up with a “Risafyd” version!
What i mean is a low sugar, low fat, low sodium but delicious low point recipe! So after experimenting i used oatmeal instead of regular white flour, cocoa instead of chocolate, and other low point ingredients to satisfy everyone especially my sweet tooth!
I didn’t tell anyone i changed the recipe and guess what? It was a huge success! Now they only ask for my Risafyd Brownies and for only 6 smart points for the entire recipe!! Yes you read that correctly 6 smart points for the recipe!!
So you can eat the entire pan without any guilt!! Lol!
How to Make Chocolate Brownies
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt ( any brand) 0sp on lifestyle
- 1/4 cup almond unsweetened milk ( or any)
- 4 tbs of pb2 ( peanut butter powder is optional)2sp
- 4 tbs of cocoa powder 2sp
- 1 egg ( can use 1/4 cup of egg creations)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup oatmeal 4sp
- 1 tbs vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of truvia or stevia/ swerve or any kind of sugar brown/white or coconut ( account for nutritional information)
- If you want to make it mocha flavored add 1 tbs of instant coffee with water to the mixture!!
Directions For Easy Brownies Recipe:
- Add all ingredients to your cuisinart/ ninja/ bullet and pulse just until mixed! Don’t over mix!
- Spray an 8×8 inch pyrex pan and spray well.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake between 18 to 20 minutes.
- Let brownies completely cool before cutting.
- Store in fridge or freezer after they are baked.
- Once cooled down cut into 9 to 12 slices.
- You can sprinkle with almonds or any nut, sprinkles, no sugar chocolate chips!! You have to add points for each!
- Enjoy on its own or with low fat ice cream, frozen yogurt, pudding, cool whip!!
Featured Image by : Baking Mad