Panzerotti is traditionally from Puglia, this dish is little known in Australia however it is a favorite Italian side dish.
It is a favorite lunch box of ever age, this is just simple to make. Panzerotti are small pizza pockets which could have savory or sweet fillings, which means that you can really experiment. It is loved by young and old and i promise you it would be your family favorite one day.
You can make one large or two small ones. For a larger crowd you can make mini ones or double, triple, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees or 475 convection! Bake for at least 30 minutes!
- Add parchment paper to a small round baking dish.
How to Make a Panzerotti
- 1/2 cup of zero fat Greek yogurt. (Any brand)
- 1/2 cup of self-rising flour 6 SP
- 40 gms Saputo light mozzarella cheese (or any low fat brand) 3 SP
- 2 tbs pizza or tomatoes sauce (any kind is fine or homemade)
- 2 tbs zerto asiago cheese (any shredded cheese like parmesan, Romano, etc. is fine) 1 SP
- 1 tbs guys BBQ sauce
- 10 turkey pepperoni slices 1 SP (optional)
- 1 chicken skewer (optional)
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
Other options: (but account the smart points)
- You can add any raw or grilled veggies
- Any cooked protein (bacon, sausage, ground meats)
- Different cheeses
- To a medium bowl add yogurt, spices, and 1 tbs of shredded asiago (or whatever kind you like) to the flour.
- Mix with a fork for best results.
- Add extra flour to your hands to form a ball.
- Add bbq sauce to the chicken.
- Add dough to pan.
- Press down with your hands to spread evenly to form an even crust.
- Add pizza or tomato sauce and spread with a plastic brush to spread evenly.
- Add mozzarella cheese.
- Add pepperoni, chicken.
- Add the other tbs of asiago (or any other kind of shred cheese).
- Fold over with a flat spatula or use the parchment paper to carefully fold the dough over and make a semi circle Panzerotti.
- Press down and pinch dough together to hold in the ingredients!
- Bake for thirty or more minutes or more!
Please continue to share my channel with your friends and family members who are on a health journey and loves low fat, delicious recipes and inspirational chats!
Enjoy and please comment! Remember that all recipes are versatile so let me know if and how you changed it up!!! ?❤️?
Featured Image Credit: Youtube Channel Risa Weiner