Popcorns were originally evolved in Mexico like thousands of years ago and the term is short of POPPED corn, first used by John Russell.
Well, these are made out of corn kernels and fluffed precisely into the shape we love to eat.
Not just the movie snacks but a quality pastime snack, though I call these a LIFETIME SNACK!
Nothing to do? Eat popcorn!
In the early years, people used to pop these up through hands, I am sick to the throat just with the idea of how wearing it had been.
Then, Charles Cretor, a candy shop owner in Chicago put all his efforts into the fine generation of popcorn making machine.
And now, we have the intellectual microwave to cook these.
From Mexico, Popcorns traveled all over the world and are now used and abused by folks with great zest.
There are mind-freaking 375 calories in 100 grams cup, double the calories if you eat in Cinema.
However, a low-fat popcorn cup hardly offers 35 calories. Take care of your health honey.
Do you know?
19th January is a national Popcorn day to celebrate.
How to make Popcorn at Home
NO fancy gadgets, no oil, no salt just plain, inexpensive kernels!!!!
- 1/4 cup or more of any brand kernels.
- I can’t believe its not butter spray or Great Value Butter or Olive Oil spray (any brand is fine).
- Kernels seasonings 1 SP for 1 tbs : ketchup, white cheddar, sour cream and onion and all dressed.
- Or Hidden Valley The Original Ranch powder or Club House Roasted Garlic & Pepper Seasoning.
- Or Your favourite parmasean cheese! I use Zerto Romano!
- Take a medium microwaveable bowl and a large plate that will cover your bowl.
- Add your popcorn to the bowl and cover it with the plate.
- Place in the center of your microwave.
- Time your popcorn for 3 to 5 minutes. Mine took 5 minutes on high. I ended up with 3 large cups of popcorn!
- Once popcorn is cool add to a sealed container and/ or spray with choice of cooking sprays and add your favorite toppings!
- Store in a sealed container. It will last up to five days.
So depending on how much popcorn you make it’s 1 SP per cup without any seasoning!! If you only sprinkle a bit I don’t count the points!!! Lol!!!!
Enjoy at home as a low fat, delicious snack or take to work, a movie, in your car for those long drives, or wherever you go you can put in a baggie for those snack emergencies!!
Remember that all recipes are versatile so let me know if and how you changed it up!!! ?❤️? Enjoy and please comment !
Please continue to share my Youtube Channel ” Risa’s Recipes ” and my “website” with your friends and family members who are on a health journey and loves low fat, delicious recipes and inspirational chats!
you might like: Delicious Noodle Pudding Recipe by Risa