Eggplants belong to family of vegetables which are known as night shade like tomatoes, bell peppers etc. They grow like tomatoes. Their plants are very high and they are grown on height with vines of plant. They exist in various shapes and colors, but dark purple color is very famous all over the world.
Mainly they are on their best in august to October but due to advance technologies they are stored and available in whole year but their taste differs from fresh ones. Eggplants have many different names but very famous are Brinjal and garden egg.
Eggplants are very rich in nutrients. They contain carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins and also have low calories. They are very useful in weight loss. They are bad in calories and have low carbohydrates but rich in other nutrients. Their water is very beneficial for losing weight. They also reduce the chance of heart attack. They also have good impact on blood sugar level. The good news about our today’s no fat eggplant dip recipe is it’s zero smart points!
How to Cook No Fat Eggplant Dip
- 1 medium to large eggplant
- 4 garlic cloves
- One or more cups of red, orange and yellow peppers (green is fine too)
- 1 large Vidalia onion
- 2 tbs of balsamic vinegar (you could use red wine or white vinegar)
- Pinch of salt
- Spray a medium to high temperature skillet with cooking spray. Allow to get hot before adding veggies.
- Poke eggplant with a fork and microwave on high for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and peel off skin.
- Cut into chunks.
- Slice onions and peppers then add to skillet.
- Peel garlic and add to skillet.
- Allow to brown and soften.
- Add peeled eggplant to the skillet with veggies.
- Add balsamic vinegar and salt mix and blend ingredients together.
- Add all ingredients to a Cuisinart or any blender or mash very well to get a smooth consistency.
- Eat hot or cold!
- You can add on top to fish or chicken.
- Eat as a dip with crackers or tortillas chips or veggies.
- You can just enjoy as is too!
- Keep refrigerated in a sealed container!
You might like : 2 Ingredient Pizza Dough
Featured Image Credit: Youtube Channel Risa Weiner