Growing up in the late 1960’s yes I am showing my age! Lololo!!! We didn’t have all the varieties of breakfast, brunch, dessert or snack options!
I literally grew up on toast, cereal, peanut butter and Jam, cottage cheese, fruit, eggs, etc.. It was a special treat when my mom would surprise us with French toast or pancakes
Nowadays there is so much to choose from and a lot more healthy options!
As a Special Education Assistant working with kindergarten students with autism I am very busy during the school year! I get up super early to enjoy my power walks! Therefore I rely on a good, healthy, filling breakfast before my day begins!
When I found out about Overnight Oats at my weight watchers meeting I was so excited to create one’s with ingredients that are low in sugar, fats, but high in protein and of course my favorite word…. DELICIOUS! LOLO!!
I also love the fact that you can make up to five jars to cover each day of the week! This allows me to keep all of them at work and accessible for my breakfasts or even a snack some days!
What’s great about this recipe is you can also enjoy them for brunch, a snack, dessert anytime of day or night!
In this recipe I have come up with four of my favorite flavours to include Chocolate Banana Dream, Peanut Butter And Jam Delight, Peachy Parfait, and Blueberry Explosion! The possibilities are endless and you can check out more of my other flavours on YouTube Channel “Risa Weiner“! You can honestly make so many variations!
A lot of my Facebook Group members from “Weight Watchers Tips And Recipes By Risa” ask if they can eat the overnight oats hot or cold! I say do whatever you enjoy! The beauty is you can do both! I also tell them to use a spoon to stir it up as it gets too thick to shake!
When you buy cute little mason jars (I get inexpensive ones at the Dollar Store) they look so appealing too! Of course you can use any plastic container as there are no rules what you add them too!
However, if you have company or taking them to a party they are super adorable to serve in these jars! Lol!
Lastly, overnight oats have tons of vitamins, minerals, low fat, low sugar, and will keep your tummy full and satisfy your sweet tooth too! I guarantee you will be satisfied! Enjoy! ??
How to make Overnight Oats
Here are 4 Different Types of Oats Recipes
- Blueberry Explosion
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup oatmeal or 1 of the weight watchers oatmeal 3sp
- Blueberry yogurt 1sp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup of almond milk 0sp
- A splash of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp of toasted almonds
- Peachy Parfait
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh peaches
- 1/3 cup oatmeal 3sp ( I added Swerve to sweeten it up)
- 1 tbs sugarless peach jam
- 1 tsp vanilla, a splash of lemon
- 1 peach source yogurt 1sp
- 1/2 cup almond milk 0sp
- 1 tsp toasted coconut 1sp
- Peanut Butter and Jam Delight
- 1/3 cup oatmeal 3sp with a bit of Swerve sugar mixed in
- 1 cup raspberries/ strawberries or any berry
- 1/2 cup almond milk 0sp
- 1 tbs sugarless strawberries jam 0sp
- 1 source strawberry yogurt 1sp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- splash of lemon juice
- 1 tbs of pb2 powder ( you can use any peanut butter but add on the points)
- Chocolate Banana Dream Oats
- 1/3 cup of oatmeal with Swerve ( about 1 tsp to sweeten) 3sp
- 1 berry source yogurt ( use any kind ) 1sp
- 1 frozen or fresh banana sliced (add the same day or they get mushy)
- 1 tsp of cocoa with Swerve to sweeten it ( other sweeteners are fine too)
- 1 tsp vanilla, splash of lemon juice
- 1 tbs of sugar free chocolate chips 1sp
(If you use bananas they are better to add the same day as they can become mushy!!!)
Featured photo Credit: food.ndtv