One day I overheard my weight watcher friends talk about how much they love protein balls/Peanut Butter Balls. I had never heard about them and i had to find out what all the rage was!
Many of my friends said they were looking for an easy, low fat, low sugar recipe and of course low smart points being on the weight watchers lifestyle program!
They told me most recipes include peanut butter, assorted nuts, dates, honey and chocolate! I knew that I had to experiment as some of these ingredients have health benefits they also contain high sugar, fats, and high smart points for those on weight watchers!
While going through my ingredients I loved the thought of using oatmeal! If you didn’t already know this they have a ton of health benefits!
Some of these include low calories, fats and cholesterol. It has essential b vitamins, and minerals like iron and magnesium. It also helps reduce the risk of heart disease! All great reasons to include oats in my recipes!!
The other main ingredient is pb2( peanut butter powder)!! For 2tbs it’s only one smart point! By adding a bit of water you get the consistency of real peanut butter. It also has incredible flavour and lower fat than regular peanut butter! In my opinion that’s a win win! Ha ha ha!!
Finally by adding a banana would seal the deal to help form the balls and provide the natural sweetness to making them super moist and delicious of course!
I love that they are so versatile as you can add sugar free chocolate chips, any seeds, nuts or coconut!
My coworker sharon who has been one of my biggest supporters and a brutelly honest critic came up with the name ” bang up protein balls” because she loved them soooo much! Lol!
Not only are they super satisfying and delicious they are only one yes one smart point each! Enjoy ?
Read more: No Bake Passover Eclairs Recipe
How to make Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- 1 cup of oatmeal (any brand) 8sp
- 1/8 cup of joseph’s syrup (any kind or honey /agave)
- 2 tbs of pb2 (or peanut butter)
- 4 tbs or so of water (for pb2)
- 1 ripe medium banana
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop of quest protein powder 1sp( or any brand of protein)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sensato sugar free chocolate chips (any kind is optional)
Optional : coconut, seeds, nuts (account for smart points if you change my Peanut Butter Balls/ protein Balls recipe)
- In a bowl use a potato masher or fork and gently mash banana ( don’t over mix so it’s still thick and not watery).
- In a small bowl add pb2 powder and add 4 tbs of water. Add a few tbs first and mix. Only add enough so that it is thick like peanut butter.
- Add pb2 to banana and all the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix together.
- Add chocolate chips and anything else is optional! But account for the smart points!
- Form into balls. You should get approximately 11 to 12 balls! You can make them any size you want! 9sp divided by how many balls you have!
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge or freezer! I like them better from the freezer (especially if you like them more firm!), if they get too hard allow to dethaw!
Featured Image By : Time.com