I’ve been on weight watchers in February it’ll be six years I’ve been a 5 year lifetime member and what i love about weight watchers as you guys know is that you can have everything in moderation. Sometimes my recipes are very low-fat and sometimes they’re not. For special occasions we can have everything, so you just have to account for it. I’m really sorry but it’s really hard for me to calculate the smart points, you’re going to have to do it yourself because it depends on the protein you use. It depends on the amount of sauce you use, so you can do that depending on what you use. We’re making a Spaghetti Sauce with ground Beef. It’s my my husband my family’s favorite sauces that i make. I’m using Ground beef but you can use ground turkey ground chicken and or just have it as a marinara without the protein in it.
The Best Spaghetti Sauce with ground Beef Recipe
- I make a huge portion but you can make this amount or change the amount you want to use.
- Smart points depend on the protein and products you use as well.
- 1 can of 284 liters of la san marzano canned tomatoes (use any brand and can be diced or crushed)
- 2 jars of Victoria white linen marinara or more (any marinara but this is from Costco)
- 1 bulb of fresh crushed garlic (at least 10 cloves)
- 4 pounds of ground beef (I buy from Costco) can buy anywhere and any other protein (chicken, turkey)
- Start with 2 tsp kosher salt and pepper but add after tasting (it needs a lot)
- 2 or more tsp oregano (I use more) or Italian seasoning
- 2 or more tsp frank’s hot sauce
- 2 tbs or more fresh basil (i use a lot)
- Sprinkle chili flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 2 tsp or more onion powder
- Cooking spray
- Make my meatballs and add like i do to this above recipe video (from my youtube channel Risa Weiner).
- In a large pot spray with choice of cooking spray.
- You can use a crock-pot, pressure cooker or Instapot too.
- Add beef or choice of protein.
- On a medium to high heat mix until meat is fully cooked.
- Turn oven to the lowest heat.
- Add garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Add canned tomatoes and marinara.
- Add frank’s hot sauce, organo, some fresh basil, more salt and pepper, chili flakes.
- Add more garlic if needed.
- Add more fresh basil.
- Add sugar if you want.
- Add extra salt as you taste it.
- Cook for a few hours on your pot.
- Enjoy with your favorite pasta, spaghetti squash, on a bun, etc.
- Sprinkle with your favourite cheese too!
- I really hope i can continue helping and inspiring you! Enjoy! ?❤️ and share with others !!
Featured Image Credit: Youtube Channel Risa Weiner