Turkey burger is considered as a best alternative to beef burgers. Turkey burger is delicious in taste and it is also healthy food because it has all nutrients. It is low calories food. There are many options for you to lose weight. You can choose low fat ground turkey to make burger. It will help to control obesity then it will also decrease the risk of heart diseases. Turkey burger has iron in it, which is essential nutrient and healthy components of red blood cells. Zinc is also one of an essential nutrient which is present in turkey burger, it regulate cell signaling.
These burgers are only two smart points for the entire recipe. Zero for one burger on weight watchers. You can double or triple this recipe and keep in your freezer up to three months!
How to make Turkey Burger with Zucchini
- 1 or more packages of 464 grams or 1 pound of extra lean ground turkey (you can sub for chicken).
- 1/2 cup of shredded yellow and green zucchini (can use just green zucchini or a different veggie)
- 1/4 cup of seasoned bread crumbs (any brand or use oat flour)
- 2 tsp of any sugar free BBQ sauce
- Sprinkle of pepper and salt
- 1 tsp roasted red pepper seasoning (Costco or Walmart sells it)
- 1 tsp minced onion flakes
- 1 tsp of garlic powder or a clove of fresh garlic
you might like: High Protein Veggie Burger Recipe
- Add turkey meat to a large bowl
- Add zucchini and all seasonings
- Start to mix and add bread crumbs
- I use my hands to mix and then form patties with your hands or a patty gadget (bed bath and beyond or any kitchen store should carry them)
- Place on a lined cookie sheet with parchment paper to avoid sticking
- Put in your freezer to harden if you plan to freeze them for about fifteen to twenty minutes or so
- Place in a sealed container or baggie
- Or Place in the fridge for fifteen minutes or longer to ensure they stick together and don’t fall apart!
- Bake on the BBQ or grill (you can add BBQ sauce on top before grilling or baking if you want) approximately 7 minutes on each side to ensure that they are cooked well! Or how you like to eat them!
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees on a lined cookie sheet for approximately 25 minutes. However you should check them depending on how well you like them cooked!
- Enjoy with your favourite condiments or by themselves with a salad, potatoes, etc.
- Or on a bun. Pita, lettuce, etc. Get creative!!
Enjoy and please let me know what you think!!! ?❤️?
Featured Image : Youtube Channel Risa Weiner