Whenever there is a history talk going on about Pizza, Italians say, they are the real inventors while Greeks say, they are the real inventors. That’s a ceaseless debate though.
Let’s leave who genuinely deserves the credit and focus on the making of Greek-style pizza instead.
Pizza dates back to the late 18th century and the Greeks, loving food since forever and altering the recipes in their own way developed this style.
It is important to know, the Greek-style actually refers to the method of making and not the ingredients we put in.
And it is when, pizza is baked in a shallow pan brushed with olive oil to be baked in the electric oven rather than the brick oven, Greeks love olives and olive oil.
Name the word Pizza, and you will feel your mouth dripping off the water.
Either from Greece or Italy, this demanding cuisine then traveled to England, France, America and is now admired globally.
However, the two-ingredient dough has the primary ingredient as (all-purpose flour, salt, baking soda) and the second ingredient is Greek yogurt.
Shout on top of the mountain, Who does know about Pizza and who does eat Pizza?
You will get the answer, EVERYONE!
Do you know?
9th February is a world Pizza day to celebrate.
NOTE: This entire Recipe is 10 SP.
- 1/2 cup Zero fat Greek Yogurt.
- 1/2 cup Brodies self raising flour.
- (add garlic and onion powder, Italian seasoning) 6sp.
- 15 gm low fat feta cheese.
- 1/4 cup Saputo light mozzarella cheese or any low fat cheese 2sp.
- 1 tbs black sliced olives.
- 10 slice of turkey pepperoni (optional) or any other protein.
- 1/4 cup or more fresh spinach or any vegetables that you want.
- 1.5 tbs or more pizza sauce.
- Oregon just a sprinkle.
- Olive oil spray.
- I used an 8X8 or 2 litre pyrex square pan lined with parchment paper.
- You can use a round or any small size pan.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees (I USED CONVECTION TO MAKE IT CRISPIER)
- After making the dough add it to your pan.
Read more : How to Make 2 Ingredient Pizza Dough
- If you want a crispier dough spray with olive oil spray and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Then add sauce, spinach, mozzarella and feta cheeses, olives, pepperoni on top.
- Place in middle rack of your preheated oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- If you want you can put on broil for the last two minutes for extra crispy pizza!
Remember that all recipes are versatile so let me know if and how you changed it up!!!
Please continue to share my Youtube Channel ” Risa’s Recipes ” and my website www.risaweiner.com with your friends and family members who are on a health journey and loves low fat, delicious recipes and inspirational chats!
?❤️? Enjoy and please comment !