There are no certain traces of exactly when and who is behind this particular recipe but I believe, it is somewhere in the 19th century for sure.
People in the old ages used to have a specific number of sweet dishes but as gradually as time progressed, the contemporary world started switching ingredients to try new things out of curiosity.
In short, everyone became a chef on their own.
It is when someone would have thought to mix gelatin and yogurt and it became a whole yummy dish.
Well, yogurt and gelatin or (the new jello )are not new things for us but it’s mixed form may be new to many, the jello bombs.
The gelatin, carrying the tendency to put in the frozen form of a jelly-like consistency to anything is what it does.l best.
You can have jello in any of your favorite flavors, I like to have in strawberry.
For a while, imagine yourself be treated with a silky, creamy-textured yogurt jello bombs and every part of you will want to have more and more of it.
Do you know?
6th February is the world Frozen yogurt day to celebrate.
This is dedicated to my dear dear friend Gillian Limanni who uses the word “bomb” in her recipes!! I love that word too!!! So i asked her if I could use it in this recipe!! Lol!! She said of course!!! So thank you so much honey and I hope you love this recipe and share it with anyone you know who is on a health journey too!!! 😘❤️👍👍
How to make Yogurt Dessert at Home
This is super easy and Zero smart points!!!!
For a smaller size :
- 1.5 cups of plain zero fat Greek yogurt (any brand)
- 1/2 pkg of any flavour sugar free Jello (you can use regular but account for the smart points)
Optional To Add:
- Different fruit to add to the mixture before placing in the fridge or to add on top after
- Sugar free or regular chocolate chips
- Nuts or seeds
- Ultra-light cool whip or light whip cream
For a large Amount:
- Double this recipe!!!
There are two ways to make this recipe!
- Place yogurt and jello in a microwave bowl and mix with an electric mixer, fork or whisk very well
- Place in the microwave on high for 1.5 minutes
- Mix very well with electric mixer to break down the gelatin
- Place back in the microwave for another minute on high
- Mix again with your hand mixer, whisk or fork very very well
- Add to 4 sprayed small ramikin bowls or a small pie plate.(If you make a larger portion option than you can make 8 portions and use a larger pie plate)
- Place in the fridge for at least 3 to 4 hours
- Make the night before or will last up to five days in a container
- Add fruit before adding to the fridge or afterwards
- Add cool whip and/ or other options on top!!
you might like: Homemade Cherry Cheesecake Overnight Oats Recipe ( 4SP)
The Second option to make this:
- Add jello to a bowl
- Boil 1/2 cup water
- Add boiling water to the jello and mix well
- Add 1/2 cup of cold water
- Add water to the jello and mix well
- Add 1.5 cups of Greek Yogurt to a bowl
- Add jello mixture to the yogurt
- Add to your 4 sprayed ramikin bowls or pie plate
For a large portion just add 1 cup of boiling water and 1 cup of cold water. Mix and add to 3 cups of yogurt. Add the full package of jello and mix well.
Add to 8 ramikin or any small bowls or a large pie plate!
Remember that all recipes are versatile so let me know if and how you changed it up!!!
Please continue to share my Youtube Channel ” Risa’s Recipes ” and my “website” with your friends and family members who are on a health journey and loves low fat, delicious recipes and inspirational chats!
❤️Enjoy and please comment !